Friday, August 19, 2011

Gluten Free Carrot Cupcakes

Alright, as promised I decided I would post the recipe for my Delicious Carrot Cupcakes that I made a couple weeks ago during my baking adventures with Candace.  We wanted to take advantage of the pulp that was going to waste during my juice fast, so I decided to make these little beauties.


These babies are pretty savory and yummy!  Better yet, they are virtually GUILT FREE!  During my quest to find the perfect recipe for Gluten Free Carrot Cakes, I found that many recipes required 4-6 different types of Flour in a single recipe. No thank you!

While shopping in Whole Foods one day I came across this....


Exactly what I needed....Thank you Namaste Foods!!

Not only was it much easier to use, but it saved me lots of $$$$


One of the advantages of just coming off a juice fast, was that I was well stocked on carrots and a few carrots goes a long way when it comes to juicing.  They produce the highest yield of juice of any fruit or veggie that I have come across.

Well, enough Chit Chat....here it is and ENJOY!


Gluten Free Carrot Cupcakes by Candice


1/2 Cup light Agave Nectar
1/3 Vegetable Oil
2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup plus 4 tablespoons of Namaste Perfect Four Flour Blend
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice (I used fresh ginger to add a little spice)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 cups carrots (Pulp from Juicer)
1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans (I used walnuts)


Preheat oven at 350 degrees.  Oil or line a standard muffin pan with cupcake papers.


Juice Carrots in Juicer or you can grate then on the large holes on a box grater or food processor.  Set aside.


Whisk agave, vegetable oil, orange juice, vanilla and eggs together in a large bowl until mixed well.  In a separate bowl, mix baking soda, baking powder, salt, and gluten-free baking mix. (NOTE: If you use ground allspice mix with dry ingredients.  If you use fresh ginger mix with wet ingredients.)


Dump entire contents of dry ingredients into wet ingredients.  Mix until just combined.  Do not over mix.  Fold in carrots and pecans.


Spoon even amounts into cupcake tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpicks inserted in the middle comes out clean.  Remove cupcakes from baking tins immediately or the bottoms will become soggy.


Instead of icing I drizzled fresh local honey on top of my cupcakes...SO Delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment