Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tempting Tuesday - Farmer's Market and Ace's Intro to Juicing

Trips to the Farmers Market are unfortunately, few and far between for me.  They are also extremely under-rated by the general public...this HAS to change!  If you have never been to the Nashville Farmer's Market then you, my friend, are missing out.  Not only are you supporting local farmers and their communities, but the produce is so much more vibrant and succulent than what you buy at the grocery store.  I'll admit I exude a bit of pride when I bite into a locally grown Apple or Peach, or make a dish with Eggplant that was grown 50 miles away from Nashville in my home state.  Find a Farmer's Market in your area and GO....you won't regret it.


I wish my pictures would have turned out better, but this is the best I could do with my camera phone.



Unfortunately, I am going out of town this weekend, so I didn't want to pick up too much produce and allow the beautiful stuff to go to waste.

FORTUNATELY though, I'll be headed to Hilton Head, SC to support one my best girlfriends, as she marries her best friend.

Congratulations Jennifer and Jesse!!!

This past weekend I spent some much needed time with one of my best friends friends from college, ACE!  I call her Ace, because her name is Candace (like me), just spelled different.  It gets a little confusing around our mutual friends at times, so when we are together people will typically say Candice/ace and then follow with just ACE or ICE, so we know which one they are talking too....true story!

Anyway, we went to the farmers market on Saturday morning to gather items that we needed for our bake-off we were having on Sunday (more on that tomorrow), then we had lunch at Cafe Coco, which happens to be one of my favorite places to go for breakfast.  Candace had to head into work later that afternoon, so before she headed in, we decided to swing by Province to grab some Coffee (for Ace), Tea(for me, Ice), and a cookie.  Needless to say it was an eventful, but thoroughly enjoyable morning!

Candace has a passion for cooking that I lack, but while we were spending time together I wanted to introduce her to a new passion of mine...juicing!

I know, I know!  That seems to be a topic of many of my posts, but I can't deny the yumminess that is fresh vegetable and fruit juice.  Lucky for Candace she picked a good day to come over, because my fridge was well stocked with beautiful produce.


My fridge never looked so good.....

To start our day of baking off right, I wanted to make a juice that was bright and happy.  Well, I think I was successful.

This is what I came up with:


3 Gala Apples
1 Granny Smith Apple
1/2 Beet
3 Small Oranges
2 Large Carrots
Good Size Chunk o' Ginger
(Serves 2 or ME)



Delicious doesn't even describe how good this juice was.  We were going to come up with a name for it, but got busy baking all of our goodies that we kind of forgot.

Any Suggestions???

Enjoy,
Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment