Friday, August 5, 2011

New Obsession - IKAT

Every six months or so, I want to redecorate my bedroom, but who doesn't, right?  

This is my one place, that I can truly call my own.  To many people, it is their sanctuary and this holds true for me as well.  Right now, I have an obsession with all things IKAT and it is something that I would like to incorporate into my bedroom.  

Last night I went to TJ Maxx Home Goods on my way home from the office to pick up a bread pan (got some fun stuff going on this weekend with one of my besties, Ace) and when I was waiting in line I saw 2 of these chairs covered in a Green and White Ikat Print...I think my heart skipped a beat!

Home Decorators

I'm not really one to fall head over heals with tufted chairs....in fact, I don't really like them at all.  However the green and white Ikat print was to die for.  I couldn't get a good picture of them, because they were stacked in the middle of tons of other furniture that had already been sold..bummer!  

Don't know what IKAT is?  This is strictly my opinion, but to me it is almost like a Modern Native American Print.  It has a blurry, yet exotic feel.  No research has been done on my part to find out where this technique actually originated (Lazy Tired Me), so take my opinion with a grain of salt.  I just know that I love the way it looks!

Madeline Weinrib

Be still my little heart...these chairs are swoon worthy!  What I wouldn't give to find a pair of vintage chairs and re-upholster them in an Ikat print.


Purple isn't really in my bag o' tricks as far as decor, so maybe I'd cover them in this....

Luce Dove by Madeline Weinrib
Or this....

Turquoise Luce by Madeline Weinrib
Isn't it beautiful!  Hopefully, you will see some pictures of Ikat prints in my bedroom SOON!!

Happy Friday!

Candice


No comments:

Post a Comment