Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tennessee DIY Reception: Ricka and Christopher

Today is the first day of my fast, so if my posts seem a little hazy or confusing this week, I apologize now. 

It is hard to believe that this wedding was almost a year ago, but the details are absolutely timeless.  The reception took place at Camp Marymount in Fairview, TN.  The wedding party and close family were able to stay on the grounds of the camp the night before and of the wedding, which made for a very fun and laid back weekend.  For those who stayed at the camp, Ricka and Chris organized a bon-fire after the reception, which really made me feel like I was back home in rural West TN.  The setting couldn't have been more perfect for the rustic wedding that Ricka was going for.  

Ricka's main flower of choice were hydrangas, which are one of my favorite flowers.  The bridemaids carried them during the ceremony and they were also the centerpieces at the reception.  Thanks again to Lori Ann Photography for allowing me to share these pictures.

Hydrangea and Burlap Centerpieces

Cake on a tree stump cake stand! LOVE!


DIY Chalkboards

In lieu of a traditional guestbook they did a Wedding Tree!


I adore this picture!



Ricka and her "Sisters"


The night was an absolute blast!  We danced the night away for hours and then ended the night with a bon-fire.  Since we stayed on the grounds of the camp we were able to get up the next morning, grab some coffee and sit on the patio of the cabins in the middle of woods.  Shortly after we all headed to the reception hall and dug into all the delicious leftovers from the reception.

I can honestly say this was one of the most fun, laid back weddings I have ever been in or attended.  Thank you Ricka for allowing me to share your day with everyone.  You were a beautiful bride and you are a beautiful person, inside and out.

Candice


No comments:

Post a Comment