Thursday, July 21, 2011

Juice Fast: Day Two

Day 2 was about the same as day 1.  I felt pretty lethargic and my tongue still feels like it has a thick coating on it.  I'm sure this isn't helping my breathe any...ha!  My eyes are also a little glazed over and I am struggling with a lingering headache, however I have felt much worse when battling the flu.  The hunger pains were still a factor yesterday, but not nearly as bad as Day 1.   Although those are normal symptoms of a fast, I am feeling much lighter these days, which is always a plus and also keeps me motivated.  A huge bonus of doing this fast, is that I'm obviously going to lose weight.  The real struggle is, of course, going to be to keep it off after this whole journey is over.  Temptations will be around every corner, especially when it comes to my social life.  It is going to be hard, but I have made this commitment to myself to be healthier and live a better lifestyle. 

As most people know, I LOVE Whole Foods.  I never enjoyed grocery shopping until I went to this store.  Granted, their prices are a little steep and I don't buy all my grocery's there, but it makes for such a great experience when I do shop there because all the sales clerks are incredibly helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable.  Today while I was checking out my Facebook page, I came across a Whole Foods post that I wanted to share.  It is an initiative that WF's has taken to support schools and educate kids on Whole Living.  They are raising money to put 6000 salad bars in schools across the country to not only educate the kids, but also their families.  Click on the link below to find out more information...I love this idea.


Whole Kids Foundation


Breakfast:
4 Apples
Fresh Orange Juice
Ginger
(This has been my favorite juice by far...I don't know a single person who wouldn't love this drink.)


Lunch:
6 Carrots
1 handful Kale
1 Lemon
2 Apples


Dinner:  (This has a lot of stuff in it and I don't remember how much of everything so I'm just going to list the ingredients.)
Kale
Spinach
Celery
Cucumber
Lemon
Ginger
Apple
Carrot


Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment